Friday, February 20, 2015

Winter Blues!

I am so over winter, it was so festive in December especially being able to enjoy Christmas time in NYC and at the beginning of January it was pretty with a dusting of snow.  After two pretty big blizzards, an ice storm, falling on ice, bitter winds, and negative windchill weather though I'm so ready for winter to get the hell out of Dodge and for spring to come.



Spring's probably my favorite season because everything is new and we start to see green again and have longer days and get to be outside and go for a run and...well you get the picture.  It's also when some beautiful flowers begin to bloom in yards and add color to the day.  Being on Long Island this past summer was great because I got to experience garden flowers I've never seen in the Midwest such as hybrids of hydrangeas of crazy shapes and colors.  At the same time though it made me miss my native Sunflower and it's boldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment